|Address:||13323 California Street|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|Experience Level:||Intermediate (3-7 yrs. experience)|
Working in senior care may not seem like an exciting endeavor, but at Home Instead, Inc. ("Home Instead") we are Changing the Face of Aging® with a singular focus that is anything but boring! To be successful, we require enthusiastic, collaborative and highly-skilled business and technically-driven professionals. Home Instead provides operational support to hundreds of franchised and master franchised offices in the U.S. and around the world and our software solutions provide real-time information used to help improve the course of these businesses for the better.
These "front-of-house" systems are not the complete story, however, because Home Instead works to support these independently owned and operated businesses with aggregated data analytics. We are extracting business trends, developing new opportunities, finding performance gaps, and amplifying operational efficiencies from the terabytes of data generated each day from our powerful franchise network.
At our core lies an incredible company culture embodied by our motto, To Us, It's Personal®. If you value a workplace filled with people who would genuinely care about you, consider applying at Home Instead. Our expectations will be high, but the impact this work has on our large franchise network's work force couldn't be more rewarding.
What is expected of the Enterprise Architect at Home Instead?
As an Enterprise Architect, you are defining and executing architectural strategies that cut across custom software and 3rd party software components to help us reach our corporate strategic initiatives. To do this effectively you will need to understand multiple architectural patterns across many technology domains as well as individual department goals, concerns, and constraints. Additionally, you will work with teammates from all levels of the company and turn vision into strategic direction.
- Define enterprise capabilities across technology domains necessary to achieve long-term corporate strategic initiatives.
- Lead adoption and implementation of enterprise level principles, roadmaps, guidelines, and standards that govern custom software and 3rd party software components.
- Collaborate with Solution Architects to design project solutions, manage the technology portfolio, review platform features, and monitor technology alignment.
- Participate on workgroups in the product evaluation and selection process to represent our strategic direction.
- Research and analyze emerging technology and alternate solutions to evaluate suitability to include in the technology portfolio.
- Consult with department stakeholders to understand current and future technology and data needs.
- Partner with affiliated companies to recommend and coordinate joint initiatives.
- Negotiate and work with external firms to ensure successful delivery of products and services.
- Understand a wide variety of cloud technologies, software development, integration strategies, and core infrastructure to design solutions that are reliable, adaptable, cohesive, high performing, and consistent.
Education, Experience and Required Skills:
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical field.
- 10 years of experience in Information Technology or an equivalent combination of education and work experience may be considered.
- 5 years of experience as a lead developer or architect of multi-tier/multi-server applications.
- 5 years of experience in an agile development environment practicing scrum or Kanban.
- Experience in designing and implementing Microsoft Azure solutions or other cloud based systems.
- Experience in enterprise architecture domains: design patterns, business process flows, data management, identity management, integration technologies, web service management, user interface delivery scenarios, process workflows, software integration platforms, messaging, network traffic optimization, security threat modeling and mitigation.
The Home Instead Senior Care® network provides personalized care, support and education to help enhance the lives of aging adults and their families. Today, this network is the world's leading provider of in-home care services for seniors, with more than 1,000 independently owned and operated franchises that are estimated to annually provide more than 65 million hours of care throughout the United States and 11 other countries. Local Home Instead Senior Care offices employ approximately 65,000 CAREGiversSM worldwide who provide basic support services that enable seniors to live safely and comfortably in their own homes for as long as possible. The Home Instead Senior Care network strives to partner with each client and his or her family members to help meet that individual’s needs. Services span the care continuum – from providing personal care to specialized Alzheimer’s care and hospice support. Also available are family caregiver education and support resources. At Home Instead Senior Care, it’s relationship before task, while striving to provide superior quality service. These independently owned and operated franchises achieve service excellence with the support of dedicated Global Headquarters staff members who provide exceptional service with a personal touch.
The Home Instead, Inc. benefits package includes:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Health; Dependent Daycare/Eldercare)
- Life Insurance (Basic & Additional Voluntary Coverage for Employee, Spouse and/or Children)
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Honor PTO
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Program
- On-site Dining Room