|Address:||13323 California Street|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|Experience Level:||Intermediate (3-7 yrs. experience)|
Working in senior care may not seem like an exciting endeavor, but at Home Instead, Inc. ("Home Instead") we are Changing the Face of Aging® with a singular focus that is anything but boring! To be successful, we require enthusiastic, collaborative and highly-skilled business and technically-driven professionals. Home Instead provides operational support to hundreds of franchised and master franchised offices in the U.S. and around the world and our software solutions provide real-time information used to help improve the course of these businesses for the better.
These "front-of-house" systems are not the complete story, however, because Home Instead works to support these independently owned and operated businesses with aggregated data analytics. We are extracting business trends, developing new opportunities, finding performance gaps, and amplifying operational efficiencies from the terabytes of data generated each day from our powerful franchise network.
At our core lies an incredible company culture embodied by our motto, To Us, It's Personal®. If you value a workplace filled with people who would genuinely care about you, consider applying at Home Instead. Our expectations will be high, but the impact this work has on our large franchise network's work force couldn't be more rewarding.
What is expected of the Solution Architect at Home Instead?
As Solution Architect, you'll have the opportunity to design and lead the implementation of enterprise scale solutions that combine software, platforms, and infrastructure to deliver business value to the organization. You'll provide technical leadership, develop IT standards, identify risks, and recommend solutions that directly impact strategic initiatives. Additionally, you'll work closely with the team to build relationships and collaborate through all project phases.
- Make design, security, implementation and overall vision decisions for technology solutions that are aligned with company goals and technology standards.
- Manage technology standards and research emerging technology in the areas of software platform, hosting platform, continuous integration, continuous deployment, data warehousing, user experience, and vendor products.
- Provide leadership, direction, and oversight of end-to-end integrated solutions and software development practices.
- Collaborate and build consensus with teammates, architects, and vendors throughout the full Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
- Apply Agile software development principles to projects of all sizes.
- Develop a keen business sense by understanding company goals, strategic initiatives, franchising models, business practices, and project dependencies.
- Be a trusted advisor for project prioritization, technical assumptions, high level estimates, customer experience, and project dependencies.
- Partner with the IT Support team during project development and maintenance to best support the enterprise.
- Provide exceptional customer service and deliver each project to meet the customer’s needs.
Education, Experience and Required Skills:
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical field.
- Seven years of experience in software development or related area.
- Three years of experience leading design, architecture, and integration of software systems.
- Demonstrable team management skills.
- Demonstrable agile software development skills.
- Strong engineering skills (problem-solving, detail-oriented, analytical).
- Self-motivated by a desire to deliver on commitments and willingness to consider business drivers.
The Home Instead Senior Care® network provides personalized care, support and education to help enhance the lives of aging adults and their families. Today, this network is the world's leading provider of in-home care services for seniors, with more than 1,000 independently owned and operated franchises that are estimated to annually provide more than 65 million hours of care throughout the United States and 11 other countries. Local Home Instead Senior Care offices employ approximately 65,000 CAREGiversSM worldwide who provide basic support services that enable seniors to live safely and comfortably in their own homes for as long as possible. The Home Instead Senior Care network strives to partner with each client and his or her family members to help meet that individual’s needs. Services span the care continuum – from providing personal care to specialized Alzheimer’s care and hospice support. Also available are family caregiver education and support resources. At Home Instead Senior Care, it’s relationship before task, while striving to provide superior quality service. These independently owned and operated franchises achieve service excellence with the support of dedicated Global Headquarters staff members who provide exceptional service with a personal touch.
The Home Instead, Inc. benefits package includes:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Health; Dependent Daycare/Eldercare)
- Life Insurance (Basic & Additional Voluntary Coverage for Employee, Spouse and/or Children)
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Honor PTO
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Program
- On-site Dining Room